We understand that the privacy of its members, subscribers, guests and/or visitors (collectively, "Members", "User", "Users", "you" or "your") is very important. We developed this Policy to ensure that your privacy is protected while using AMA Website.
1. How and Why we Collect Information
AMA collects your personal information in order to create your pet’s online profile for use on the Site, which may be viewed by other registered Users. We also collect information about you to:
- process your communications, your membership of and subscription to the Website and to enable your use of the Website and the Services;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable Service;
- open and run your account;
- administer prize draws, competitions or promotions;
- for statistical and demographic analysis;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (except where you have requested not to be contacted for such purposes);
- generally run the Website and for internal operations;
AMA may also use personal information to contact members of the Site about services or products that they have expressed an interest in or in which AMA believes they may be interested.
2. What personal information do we collect?
When you subscribe or sign up to use the Website, we may collect a variety of information from you, which may include:
- Your name, gender and age;
- Your photo;
- Email address;
- Location of Residence;
- Information pertaining to animal(s) owned by the member, including but not limited to: type of pet, breed, pedigree, breeding history, name, gender, age, birth date, weight, health information, physical attributes, personality characteristics;
- Photos of animals;
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Personal information that you post or transmit via the Website to other users;
We will also collect all information you input into the “bio” personal description, namely your interests, characteristics and every other information present in that same description.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal Information of registered Users will be shared with other registered Users of the AMA Website. Personal Information will only be shared in relation to the Services provided by the Website and will not be made available for any purposes or other services. No Personal Information that has been collected by AMA will be shared with any person or entity who is not a registered User of the Site, unless consent is obtained from the user.
Regardless the above, you consent to AMA disclosing your Personal Information in the following situations:
- AMA may use any photos or videos that Users upload to the Website for any purpose relating to the Site, including advertisement. You grant AMA a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use an image or photograph that you Post on the Site for any purpose related to the Site. In the event that you cancel your account with AMA, such license will terminate;
- AMA may disclose information that Users provide to it if required to do so by law or if, in AMA’s sole discretion, it determines that such disclosure is required in order to protect or defend AMA’s rights or property, or to protect the safety of a User or a User’s animal(s).
A Special Note About Children.
Children under eighteen years of age are prohibited from using AMA Website. We ask that children not submit information to us.
4. Your right to access your personal information
It is both in our interest and yours that any personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and current. If the data we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the "Information Officer" to have your personal information corrected.
AMA is committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, AMA uses suitable procedures to safeguard and secure any information collected by the Website.
Please note that when communicating Personal Information or confidential information with AMA or with another registered User of the Site, you should be aware that such communication is not necessarily 100% secure.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into both general and secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how they move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you upon returning to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
AMA is not responsible for the content of any advertisement displayed on the Site. Any interaction and dealings that you make with a third party, by clicking on an advertisement displayed on the Site or otherwise, is made entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
By registering in our website you agree that AMA is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage that you incur from any dealings that you make with a linked website(s) or advertisement displayed on the Site.
In order to have a website, product, or service displayed, featured, or linked to on the Site, you must contact AMA and submit a formal request through the e-mail provided in the contacts section.
8. Third Party Websites
AMA contains links to other websites, either through posted links or featured advertisements.
The AMA is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising as a result of access and use of the Service, or viewing its pages and download the information contained on third party websites. AMA takes no responsibility for the contents of information and materials contained on third party websites, and in particular for statements contained there. Connection to the above sites is followed at the own risk of the user.
Please note that other websites may have privacy policies that differ from this Policy. AMA has no control or responsibility over any Personal Information that you provide to these third party websites.
AMA takes all reasonable steps to protect Personal Information that it obtains from the use of the Website. However, there exists the possibility that a system may be compromised, including but not limited to, hacking and software malfunctions. Accordingly, your attention is drawn to the fact that any information and personal data carried over the internet is not secure and any transmission is at your own risk. Information and personal data may be intercepted, lost, redirected, corrupted, changed and accessed by other people.
Should a situation arise where the security of Personal Information is compromised, AMA will use reasonable efforts to correct the situation as soon as possible. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of personal information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Should AMA be required by law to assist in the resolution of a breach of a security, AMA may provide personal information to the relevant legal authorities.
Rua de Sabrosa 91, 1ºB
4300-458 - Porto - Portugal
The information will be corrected or removed from the database as soon as possible.